Other points in the update included:
- The state's unemployment rate has been at or below the national rate for 8 consecutive years.
- Bens Branch and Kings Manor Elementary are the most active areas for new housing growth, representing 61.2% of the district's annual starts.
- Job growth in the Houston MSA was up 4.2% (120,600 new jobs created in 2014).
- Current Houston housing demand is for 35,000 homes a year.
- New Caney ISD's student population growth remains among the strongest in the Houston area and statewide.